COVID-19 Safety Plan
Our office is now open. We have begun contacting patients who had their appointments cancelled, with priority given to emergency appointments. We are now able to schedule elective and non-essential appointments, with patients who have been pre-screened over the phone.
We thank you for your understanding and patience. We ask for your continued support through this reopening process. Our principle priority is foremost the safety of our patients and staff.
We have received guidance from the College of Denturists of BC in regards to the new operating guidelines with increased health and safety measures in place. We have updated our clinic policies to reflect the necessary changes:
- On the day of your appointment, before you are seen by our denturist, you will be required to answer some screening questions related to COVID-19. Once you enter the office you will be asked to sanitize your hands, then fill out the Covid-19 form along with any other forms we may have for new patients.
- We have spaced out the chairs in the waiting room. This is to ensure that social distancing can be maintained between patients coming out and going into the office.We have also removed magazines from the waiting room. It is our goal to take you straight to the dental chair when we are ready for you.
- To minimize the number of people in the office we will only be allowing patients booked for treatment into the office (exceptions will be made for one parent with a young child or any others needing assistance)
- We are limiting the number of patients in the practice area and also limiting the number of patients we see on a daily basis.
- The receptionist will be behind a plexiglass “Sneeze Guard” and she will review your COVID-19 screening questions. She will assist you into the operatory where you will be seen by our denturist.
- The receptionist will take your temperature. You have seen us wear masks and gloves at your previous appointments, but our denturists will now be keeping the masks on throughout the entire appointment. Our receptionist will also put on gloves and a mask any time she is not at her desk.
- There will be extra time scheduled between patients’ appointments to allow thorough cleaning and disinfection of treatment rooms and equipment.
- Staff will be required to have daily temperature and symptom checks
- Please reschedule your appointment if anyone in your household has been sick in the last 2 weeks.
As the situation continues to evolve, please be assured that we will be constantly assessing and adapting our processes to adhere to the latest updates and health guidelines. We look forward to your safe return to our office.
Delton Denture team